Saturday, January 6, 2018

Maybe slightly melancholy here

Normally I write my column over the weekend.  But that column, for now, has been eliminated.

Honestly, I was surprised that it went on as long as it did.  I first started up in 1985 for Parent Express, carried on at The Deseret News, and moved over to The Tribune.  So you see it was about a 30 year run.  Can't complain about that.

Right now I'm viewing this as an opportunity to do something else.  I'm enjoying the advice column gig.  And maybe I'll get my butt in gear and start writing novels again.  But yeah.  It'll be weird not to send something to the paper first thing Monday morning.

Wait.  I KNOW!  I'LL BLOG!

Happy New Year, Everyone!

3 comments:

Dianna said...

What? I looked forward to reading your column every week. :( I do love your advice column too. Thanks for brightening my weeks with your writing.

CSIowa said...

Please do blog. I love your voice and your compassionate wisdom, not to mention TRQ.

radagast said...

I will read you wherever I can find you, my friend!