Sunday, May 21, 2017

This blog

I've been toying with the idea of shutting down this blog again.  Since my dad died I haven't felt like writing, although I am actually writing a lot for the Trib now.

I've been especially low the last few weeks.  The more time passes the more ways you discover how to miss a person.  But this morning on a walk with the dogs I had this (obvious) epiphany:  you keep the person you loved with you by doing some of the things that person did.  Write notes of encouragement.  Tell funny stories.  Play cards.  Plant flowers in the spring.

OK, Blog.  I'll keep trying.




6 comments:

CSIowa said...

Thanks for the birthday greeting on Facebook, Ann. I was encouraged by it. I hope you find the encouragement you need to make it through the low spots. As for blogging, there isn't a quota (unless you're trying to monetize a living off it), so I hope you'll write here as much as it's useful for you. I like it.

Sarah said...

Grief is the worst. XO

radagast said...

I know that I am always cheered to find you and your writing, Ann, whenever and wherever that happens. Thank you.

Kande said...

I love, love, love your blog! Please keep writing!

Dawn said...

Please please keep writing.

Megan Goates said...

I too have been feeling disillusioned with blogging, like what's the point? Then I wrote about my grief today and I felt substantially better and was all, "okeydokey, I guess me and the blog are not breaking up right now."

Also, I'm really enjoying your Ask Ann Cannon advice.